CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 15, 2006

Ever wonder how grocery carts get in weird places????


Ugh I hate this weather but hey at least we are the poor suckers getting the SNOW already ICK!!!!!!! But weather whining wasn't my real reason for the post. Nope thought I would come and give you a little chuckle or possibly a moment of sympathy for us lmao.

So there are days like today when it truly SUCKS to not have a car... but Jay and I headed off to pick up my pay cheque get it cashed and get on with running errands. We finished our day off at Safeway. Run through, load up on groceries and stop dead in our tracks when we see the CROWD of people waiting for taxies... some claiming to be there upwards of an hour already. Oh well we say and make our call

Well 15 minutes later and the person waiting an hour still has not recieved her taxi and we are like well its not that far. I mean we seriously walk this route all the time... just not with this many groceries. The rain has let up though it is still cold but nothing we can't handle and we decide screw it, grabbed our grocery cart and start trucking home.

Yes we became some of those people...we ran away with a grocery cart. We walked 20 minutes home with a cart load of food and had people that we passed on the way laughing at us... oh well lol. The rain was nice enough to hold off til we were 5 minutes from home... just encouraged us to walk that little bit faster

Never thought I would do it but guess there is a first time for everything lol.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel with the whole shopping cart thing. When Steve and I lived in the apartment on the south side we used to walk home with cart in tow from safeway. We even went as far as taking it up in the elevator with us. Of course I only did this when Steve was with me cause there was no way I was looking that dumb all by myself:)
Katy