CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 26, 2006

We had to say good bye....

To our finch Shorty, she got ill unexpectedly last night and Jay did all he could to try and make her better. I fell in love with him all over again as I watched him handle her so gently and then feed her water through a straw.... that soft side of him is one of the things I love the most. At some point through the night Shorty died :( It was so odd to not hear her singing when I walked through the door and now as I am sitting at my computer its strange because she always threw the seeds she didn't like at me while I was sitting here the little bugger. However I don't miss her sharing her baths with me... she would crawl in her water then shake like crazy and spray me... oh who am I kidding I will miss that . So off to heaven goes our adorable little bird where she can join all the others who have gone before her.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your bird. It's funny how losing a pet can bring us back to basics. I'll say a little paray for Shorty.

Ladiebug said...

I am so sorry Kerri! It hurts so bad to lose a pet. HUGS!!!