CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Made a Lemon Meringue pie tonight.....



... and now here I am wishing Virginia was here to share a piece with me and have a cup of tea. Just as when we lost mom and dad I think of her at the sillest times and wish she were still here. I actually got teary as I was making up the meringue with the beaters that were hers... and laughing that the damn stuff was actually working as it should. I think it was her looking over my shoulder from heaven coaxing it along :) I think of her often s I am cooking a meal... getting just the right amount of butter to fry the pork cutlets in, just enough water not milk to make super fluffy scrambled eggs and omlettes, eating super crusty buns with a cup of tea. Such simple memories to some and yet so meaningful to me. I don't think I ever told her enough how much I loved her though part of me knows that she knows. So I shall go have my piece of pie and maybe shed a tear or two for this amazing woman who I so wish could still be with us :(

0 comments: