CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 21, 2006


Lilac Hunting....
I so love this time of year and seeing all the flowers start to bloom. Like my mom I totally love lilacs and can't wait each year for them to start showing themselves :) Jay and I went walking around the neighborhood to see how all the various trees were doing and we got a few really pretty shots








When we are out walking I love to see what people have done with their flowers. We came a cross one yard that was FULL of them! I love the flower towers this person had created so we took some pictures of them too














Across the street from us we have an extended care home. They have a really nice garden area so we decided to go over and try out the timer feature again to take a pic of the two of us since we have so few. When we got there one of the residents started chatting with us and she commented on the lilacs that I had picked and how pretty they were. She then asked for assistance from us to push her wheelchair back up to her room since the nursing staff was too busy at that moment to come out for her.... we did. She was a very sweet lady and was very happy when I offered to share the flowers with her.... how could I not. It was such a simple gesture for us to wheel her back to her room and leave a few flowers... but it sure made her smile. If I see her out on the garden again I will have to pop over and have a chat :) When did head back out and take a pic and woo hoo Jay even has his hat off :P Not a site people other than me see very often lol

Overall it was nice simple walk through our neighborhood. I love adventuring out to see new places but there is just something about staying close to home, walking hand in hand chatting about everything and anything while enjoying the things that are right at our fingertips :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What pretty flowers and that was so nice of you to offer some to your neighbor. I love the picture of you and Jay. You should print that one and frame it. :)

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, It was Great to see you two looking SO GOOD. I was check in. Tons Of Hugs Charlene