CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Took my counsellors advice....

A few sessions ago I chatted with my counsellor about how hard it is to stay out of my dark circling thoughts during my quiet times at work.... and now that I am on midnights there are MANY quiet moments. I was on my way to a very rough night last night and I just didn't want to go there. Worrying isn't going to help the issues at hand... they will only make me crazier and ummm just don't need that. So I tried thinking of something positive...and it hit me. Today is three years since Jay came to Canada. That thought set off a whole slew of thoughts.



The first being how in the world can it be three years already! We have gone through so so so much.... many couples wouldn't have made it and yet here we are. Many times we have talked about the huge leap of faith he made in coming here. Many times I have been amazed that he loved me that much to make such a leap of faith.

Lynne has said many times that the song "I knew I loved you before I met you" by Savage Garden was written just for us :) guess in many ways she is right.... three years ago tonight Jay and I met face to face for the very first time. We had fallen in love via an internet friendship and instead of the first planned visit and many very long talks... when Jay hopped the plane to come here he was coming to stay!

In the heat of the moment three years ago I blew my side of the family away.... the one who swore she would never marry was picking a virtual stranger up at the airport and letting him move in. Then I was just happy... now I see why they thought I was insane lol. Lucky for me I was right and things have turned out great.

I never thought I would see the day that I looked forward to coming home and talking to the same person day in day out. I never would ahve thought it possible to miss the person you live with when life gets in the way. I would have never thought that I would love spending an afternoon munching on popcorn and playing scrabble. I never would have thought I would become an avid fan of Fmaily guy.... and yet here we are.

There is no doubt that we have struggled.... both emotionally and financially. In the end though we always seem to come out stronger and more bonded. Three years in and still not a fight! We have our moments of course... I know there are days I can be a queen bitch but I have learned to acknowledge that and he has learned to ignore me lol. I annoy him, he annoys me but we are able to let all the little stuff go. When it comes to the big stuff we can talk openly and honestly.

Its been an amazing journey so far. Its a journey I never in a million years would have thought I would go on but I am oh so very happy that I did. In the rest of my quiet times I wrote a poem... a little cheesy but lol I was feeling sentimental. As you read remember I have been up all night too lol....

On a snowy night three years ago
Two hearts would connect
A love would begin to grow.
She stands and nervously waits
On shaky knees he goes to the arival gates
They leave the airport hand in hand
Headed off to an unknown land.
A first supper at Wendy's
Then staying up to talk the whole night through
That first tentatinve kiss
That in thier hearts created immediate bliss.
Life as a couple has now begun
Teme to meet the family
Oh what Fun
But not a one of them
Could make him run.
Then came the day they vowed to stay
Together forever
Through whatever may
A toast to the couple then out the door
Off to another land
They hadn't been to before.
Their love grow's stronger
Through the joy happiness and tears
Three little angels
They wished they cold have kept them longer
Walks by the river, journies to places umknown
Day to day life never wishing
for seeds they haven't sowen
On a Snowy night three years ago
Two hearts connected
And their love still continues to grow.
Happy three years hunny! I love you!

0 comments: