CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A book in my pocket and a bus pass in my hand....

just like my dad. How the years of past. Today would have been his birthday and he was on my mind as I made my way on the bus to work. I wonder how many book he read over the years, how many wacky people did he see... I swear they get wackier everyday. Everytime I have to navigate a new route unexpectedly I think of him and how heard he worked at teaching me the transit system for the city... is been a good 23 years but I still remember those lessons like they were yesterday. I was listening to Christmas tunes as per usual this time of season and felt a smile creep across my face as I sang along... nothing like a good version of Silver Bells to conjusre up happy images of Christmas's past with him. I wonder what he would think of his family today. I am sure he would be proud and so happy for the way things have gone. I really wonder what he would think of my husband... and get a chuckle when I think of what he would have said with me finding my life long partner on the internet.... not something that was happening when he was still alive and with us. I would hope that he would love Jay as I do and would just be thrilled with how happy I am. I love ya dad and always will... I only wish you were here to get your birthday greeting.

0 comments: