CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 24, 2005

I couldn't sleep at all last nite......

kept thinking of my first christmas with my "new" family....i laid there,my mind whizzing around with all the past memories....taken myself back in time is very easy to do,well in my head anyways...lol.

and there was my dad,swearing like an irish footballer...trying to haul the giant box that we kept the tree in since the begining of time,duct tape and all.putting it together was a nightmare,the stand first,then the three sections(held together with auto hose clamps,not pretty but it worked..lol)then all the branches had to be seperated by a small colored tag,i swear i think this tree was owned by Alexander the Great before my dad got hold of it....lol.

and of course my mother in all her wisdom was sitting in her glider(which is now owned by my sister in law,who rescued it just after my mother passed away)....she was more content to just sit there and glide back and forth all the while barking orders at my dad and the poor soul who he picked to help him set it up(which was usually me)...until the all familiar phrase echoed through the house.."BE QUIET WOMAN"..usually with a big ole smile on his face.

As far as traditions are concerned,we had very few for Christmas,one that is still carried on every Christmas no matter where we are is my moms green bean caserole.

Well time to get back to the here and now,but will never forget the good times i had with my parents at Christmas time,I love and miss you both and where ever you may be....Merry Christmas....from your loving son.

0 comments: