CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Planning for that next BFP...

I got a call from my OB tonight to give me lab results and make a plan of action. The call went as follows.
1) I definately have PCOS. Not a shock but nice to have it offical with all the speculation over the last few months. he said my Progestrone is pretty much non existent.. woo hoo but hes not worried about that because it can be fixed

2) he wants me to continue with the 1000mg of Met for now and see how my levels go and if my body kick starts itself like it did before

3) if I don't have AF she her ugly face within a month from now he wants me to go in to my family Dr for a PG test then follow up with him for a) prenatal care if its a BFP or b) going in to arrange further tests and medication to bring AF on

4) we talked about temping. he personally doesn't see the benefits of it when it comes to PCOS and finds it stresses his patients out and feels I shouldn't bother and just let nature take its course. he thinks that there are too many environmental factors that can cause the temp fluctuations and the post O rise is to late to BD anyways... so basically don't temp and just have fun with my hubby he said. He did agree that checking CM isn't abad idea but again not a 100% sign adn can again cause stress

When I think back the Met at 1000mg and no temping and just letting things be is what got my PG the first time so I think I am going to do that again. Its been a pain temping anyways between work and home.. esp when my sleep schedule can get so messed at work.

I do feel better after talking to him and the DR that called tonight is the one I met in the hospitial... not the jerk I saw at my appointment after my miscarriage... even though it was the same man lol. Its wonderful to have a clear plan of action and when I think of the time lines when we got PG with PG it is possible that we could have a BFP for my birthday if not Jays... wouldn't that just be great!

0 comments: