CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 13, 2006

21 years....

Dear Dad,

I can't believe its been 21 years since we said goodbye. Where has the time gone? As always as the time for you anniversary approachs thoughts of you stay foremost in my mind. My memories pop right back to the surface and I love all the smiles they bring. So so many things have changed in this past year. You have 3 new great- grandaughters bringing your total to 4 and they are all so beautiful. Just yesterday Lynne and I were looking at Jaydas hair in the sun and seeing so many red highlights... we know they come from you and we wondered if she might grow up to have the same shade of red hair as you did. How neat would that be :) You would have loved these precious so much. Come November you will be blessed with yet another great grandchild... all of the grandchildren you left behind have grown up and are such amazing adults. You would be so proud!

I accepted so long ago that you were gone and yet my my wedding day arrived last October it was just wrong that you and mom weren't here to share the day with me. I felt your presence and I know that in spirit you were there... as you both always are. I hope you are both happy for me. Jay and I didn't meet in the most traditional sense but we are so happy and I am sure you both would have loved him to death. I wonder how often in these last 4 months you have heard my prayers. In March when we lost the baby that would have been your 8th grandchild we were devestated but one of the few things that brought me comfort was knowing my little Peanut would be safe in heaven with Grandpa andGranny till I get there. So one more time I ask you to take care of our precious little baby and tell him or her how much mommy and daddy loved and wanted them. Did you hear us talking about names...a little boy would have been Grant ... for you.

Through the years I often think of you. I go back in time to fun we had and places we visited... especially as I visit them now as an adult with a new perspectives. I catch myself doing things like you... like chewing my pinky finger and have to give a little chuckle. Its neat knowing that a little habit we shared allows you to live on :)

Well out the door I go. I am off to spend the day with Jay, Lynne, Katy and Jayda... no better people to be with on a day of rememberance. I love you dad and always will. Say hi to mom for me and give her a big hug... and give my Peanut a few extra snuggles tonight.

Missing you always
Kerri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Dad would have loved all the little ones...And yes it is hard to believe that it has been 21 years. Well I guess it is up to all of us through stories and pictures to help these little ones know the great-grandparents that would have loved them so.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

that touched deep in my heart......
I wish you were both here Granny and Grandpa......
Katy