CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A step back in time.....

To September 11, 2001. We went to see the movie World Trade Center this afternoon. To say the least it was an experience. The second we saw the first trailer Jay and I knew we wanted to go and see how Oliver Stone would depict one of the worst days in the world's history. It was was incredibly moving, it was tasteful... it made us relive the day all over again. There is not a person in this world who was not effected by September 11 and the aftermath that followed... though so many were forever changed in ways we can not even begin to imagine. Oliver Stone did an amazing job of placing the audience in the middle of it all, in the shock and horror as it happened, as the families prayed for answers of their loved ones. I have seen many many movies...none has touched me the way this one did and I doubt there is one in the future that will even come close. I hope you all see it, I hope you all take the time to remember those who died, I hope you all can step back in time and remember the heros of that day.I hope none of us will ever forget the evil that came to be that fateful morning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one will never forget. Katy and I were in Montana that day. It is a feeling that one can not begin to explain. We went to check out of our hotel room and found the lobby FULL of people staring at a T.V. screen and not a soul was speaking. All were standing in shocked silence. We then went to a local mall only to find they were closing for the day because they were located close to an airport and were afraid for their safety.
We then headed for home only to find that the border was closed....now that was when I first became nervous about what this act of terrorism could mean for us all. Thankfully the border was re-opened a short time later and we were allowed to return home. I have travelled to the U.S. many times before that and many since but NEVER have I been so glad to set my feet back on Canadian soil. I will forever remember the day as I am sure Katy will..always feel sad for all the sensless death...

Lynne