CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Do you ever feel like you are getting a sign????

I think I just got smacked with one lol. First a tiny bit of background...

I have been really struggling with putting my trust in God for a very long time. I do believe that there is a higher power... but some days its just hard to understand why bad stuff happens. I have had a very hard time praying and turning my troubles over instead of worrying.

Additionally you all know I am struggling with depression. My meds are working great but I have such a fear... total and utter fear of seeking counseling. I know I need to, I know I can't rely on the drugs forever. I know it will help me... yet I am avoiding it at all costs.

So the sign....

Its nothing new that I love to read... its one of my favorite past times. Well for weeks now a book has been catching my eye at the library... but it was book 3 in a 4 book series and none of the other books were in sight. I saw this same book at several of the libraries we go to as well. Then on my last trip all 4 of them were there so I of course had to take them out.

Book one was touching, book 2 started me thinking this was some sort of sign and well book three was my life... from struggling to trust in God, to left over grief issues from parents, to depression to avoiding counselling... it was me in print. I just felt so relieved after reading it if that makes sense, my heart felt lighter and for the first time since I lost Trouble I actually prayed and was able to just drift off to sleep.

Yup I still have issues and who knows maybe book 4 will address them cause the other 3 sure did lol. I know I can't put off seeking out counselling and trying at least 2 appointments won;t kill me... right ???? I really do want to get back to church too... we can only go every other week because of work but at least its a start. So if it was fluke that I found them then so be it. But I truly feel like I was meant to read those books... so whoever sent me to them Thanks :)

0 comments: