CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Adventures in the snow...

and OMG do we have sore legs.

As you all know I got a promotion at work. Well one of my duties as the TL is making sure that the house is stocked with groceries. Well I did our huge shop at the begininng of the month... 4oo bucks at a store where you bag your own groceries UGH... and when I was done one of the staff came and got me... great to have a ride and the help to get the stuff home... especially since it was snowing like crazy that day.

Well yesterday comes and I am going on 2 days off and I realize that we need some stuff... not a lot but enough to justify a trip to the grocery store. Well we got snow yesterday ALL DAY we got snow snow and um yeah more snow. And under those fresh huge piles of snow are ridiculous sheets of ice. NOT FUN to walk in. Not fun at all... but got to do what you got to do... and before I did it I texted Jay and said hey hunny... and of course he came to help me :) So on the bus... walk... try not to slip and break our necks ( been there done that don't want to do it again lmao) .. shop... walk again trying to avoid falling... get the bus.. drop the stuff off and finally head for home. Cold and exhusted... to get up and do it ALL over again today

Well a little different today but the bus... walk... avoid falling... walk yeah pretty much the same. Had to go see my family Dr then I had to get my flu shot and the only west end drop in clinic was ina little out of the way seniors center...UGH. Buy hey we got it done and I am protected. Left there and head to the Westmount Transit center to catch the ONLY bus that goes to Costco... UGH again...I had to make a trip to Costco for one of my guys... they sell the only pancake mix he can eat. Not fun but for him worth it :) So we get there early... we are both starving so we go into the mall and low and behold whats there...a FLU CLINIC. ARGH I could have had one there since I was going to be there... WAH lol. Anyways had lunch then got the bus... took the wierdest route possible I am sure to Costco... then had the joys of trying to get across the street without dieing...shop ... snow...ice.. avoid falling... LONG bus ride to a transist center and then freeze... shiver BRRR feeling like we are dieing waiting for the bus that will take us home.

And we get to do it all over again tomorrow when we go get my cheque and we shop for home... ahhhhh the joys of adulthood and responsibilities lol. And yep I might be whining some but watching all the accidents and issues people had with driving I looked and Jay and said "yup this is a pain in the ass... but driving in that would be worse" lol :)

0 comments: