CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Midnight Excitement....

So why can't our lives be boring lol. We were sitting on the couch watching the last bit of Law & Order SVU and the fire alarm goes off. Jays looks at me and says at midnight... lol like there is a good time of day to have a fire. Well as fast as they started they turned off so he went to the lobby to see what was going on and I waited... hmm whats that I hear but the fire fighters talking... they were in the basment and their voices were travelling through the garbage chute. I hear 16th floor has smoke then we don't know where its coming from... and I am like okay time to gather the animals. Well the last time we had a fire in the building they all FREAKED. This time they actually stayed pretty calm but man were they all my instant shadows as I moved through the apartment. We gathered the cats and dogs... took the cats and tossed them in the car adn took the dogs for a walk... and waited and Jay nosed about upstairs in the lobby gathering information and I hung out by the basement doors with the dogs. Eventually it came down to the fire department leaving and not knowing for sure what happened... though we all smelt the smoke so something burned. I am glad this evacutation went way smoother than the last one... I forgot my insulin, Jay got scratched all to hell, we didn't grab a cell phone... just bad... this time we had all of those things and still got out reasonably quick and we kept our wits about us and I think the animals sensed it. We definately need to buy a good sized cat carrier that Belle and Taz can share to make things easier. We also made the choice to leave the birds in the apartment. We were both pretty confident that things were okay and the building wasn't going to burn... and taking them out in -15 would have likely killed them... what a tough decison though. Thank God it all turned out okay.

I have to say too that in all my years living in the complex as a kid and now living here with Jay I have only heard the alarm 3 times... and all three times there has been fire. Its nice to know that it can be taken seriously so that we don't become immune to the sound of them ringing.

Well off to bed. Its been a hellishly LONG day and this is certainly not how I expected to have my day end lol. Nighty night :)

0 comments: