CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Need to rant...

LOL and I think Jay is tried of listening to me cause I have yattered away at him pretty much since we got home :P


Okay... we go grocery shopping today ( YUCK by the way) and get to the checkout. Now the older I get the more anal I have got about my grocery cart. I shop in a certain order so I can unload and have my stuff bagged in a logical manner. I make a point of unloading the same way to. Well today we had a bagger that had no freaking clue what she was doing. She threw pickles on my bread, dropped my eggs because instead of using the bag holder she would grab a bag and try and stuff items in. Some bags were WAY over stuffed... others had hardly anything.


Now to be fair to her it was apparent she had some type of developmental disability. I work in the field, I have HUGE tolerance when someone with a disability is the person waiting on me. I was extremely frustrated.. though I was nice to her. What made me mad was the store. Either a) she didn't get enough support and training for this particular job or b) she has had lots of support but is unable to master the skills she needs and therefore should get other opportunities within the store. I am always happy to see when a business provides a opportunity for a person with a disability to work... I will in fact tend to shop there more. BUT... it has to be done properly. I was frustrated as all get out and poor Jay got it from me instead of the bagger... but how many people would do that... many would bite her head off and personally I don't think its fair. I am at a crossroads when it comes to phoning the store manager. If I thought she wouldn't get in trouble and would get proper support I would call but my fear is that she won't... UGH what to do????


So we make our call to the taxi company... the same one I have used since childhood and for the first time ever I think I was disgusted by the drivers attitude and lack of customer service. We start off by having to load our own groceries in the car... not a biggie but odd cause any other time I have used this company the drivers assist us. But fine whatever... we get in and the radio is playing a talkshow on international adoption...


The driver looks at us and says its disgusting and that people should not be allowed to adopt because its buying people... OKAY THEN. Well I made a comment about all the children in orphanages and that there is no reason why they shouldn't get homes.. Jay doesn't say anything. The driver then says its disgusting and wrong and if you can't birth a child you shouldn't have a child. Well Jay is still quiet and I made sure to just shut up because I really could have mouthed off and I think it wouldn't have done a damn bit of good. I felt like asking him about all those baby girls dumped in China or the orphans in Hati or Ethiopia? What about kids like Jay who were apprehended because of abuse and deserve loving parents? What about people that would make awesome parents and provide excellent homes to a child and they can't have one of their own because of infertility? ARGH. I think he should have kept his mouth shut... very touchy subject to be speaking about when you don't know the beliefs of your audience.


Well we get home... I pay the fare and add a tip like I always do... why for him I don't know... just habit and courtesy I guess because the drivers for that company are usually awesome. So he pops the trunk and sits while we unload... guess counting his money was more important. He got out to help after he got a call and we were taking to long to unload. ARGH.. I felt like asking for my tip back. I am seriously contemplating calling on him too... I am seriously disappointed in the service we received and had a not been a regular customer of this company I would have second thoughts about calling them in the future.


Ahhhh.... sigh. There feel better now! Thanks for listening :)

0 comments: