CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 16, 2005

And the car went boom........

Its been quite the week to say the least. I have been fighting a cold which has now found its way to Jay... and he can keep it :). Tis the seasons for sure and in my line of work I am always bringing bugs home LOL.

Thursday was a simply a day from hell. It started off with me sleeping in, continued to the car breaking down and sending billowing black clouds of smoke into the St.Albert sky, on to a confrontation with my boss and then after much thought and discussion deciding enough was enough and the decision to quit my current job.

Friday seemed to bring a little sunlight. I maneuvered the St. Albert transit system with ease:), had a great conversation with one of the families I work with about my decision to leave my job and her support and understanding with make the transition a little easier, managed to figure out the buses from St.Albert to Kingsway Garden Mall and then finally to home amazingly easy ( thanks Dad for all that training when I was a kid!), then I arrived home to find a few call backs from resumes I had sent out Thursday night. I have an interview Monday morning and the job looks really cool and the bonus is that it is with walking distance from home :). Kathy met me at the mall to keep me company as I walked to the Center for Education to apply for a job. We had a great visit and as always it was nice to have company on my trek.

Saturday morning I had to be a part of a group putting on a powerpoint presentation... it went very well. We got lots of positive feedback and several people told us they learned a lot... it made getting up at 6am on a Saturday worthwhile for sure. Saturday afternoon was spent rescuing the car ( thank you for your help Katy and Steve and thank you for the use of the van Dan and Carmen). We have the car safely settled in its stall for now with a bucket under it to catch the oil that seems to be pouring out. We have yet to figure out where it is coming from as it didn't start to leak until it was hoisted up to be towed???

Here we are at Sunday. Al drove me around to get time sheets signed and then off to Walmart... I so hate the crowds there the weekend. We hit Tim Hortons ( like we could go anywhere else with Al lol) and I have found a new addiction... the Hazelnut smoothies. I tried to look them up on the Tim's website but they aren't listed yet. I am sure with as good as they taste they are gonna be very bad for me lol.

After a lot of discussion Jay and I decided to park the car for a little bit and join the bus world. We figure it will help us get ahead on cash and it will also allow us time to save up for what ever repairs we are looking at. We will be doing lots of walking I am sure... but we have so much so close that it will be easy to get what we need and for those far away trips like Walmart we can always beg a ride or take a taxi :)

As rough as this week was I was once again reminded of how much support I have out there. I have a fantastic family who once again pitched in to help and offer support, I have super friends who lent and ear and offered words of encouragement after the confrontation with my boss. And most importantly at this point I have an amazing husband who once again has gone beyond the call of duty and done everything he could to make me feel better... from hugs and backrubs to running to the store to buy me chocolate.

Off to whip up Jay's favorite supper of spaghetti and then we are settling in to watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition and then the Family Guy Marathon. Who knows maybe I'll throw together a batch of cookies too

0 comments: