CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Curse of the thyroid.....

Well any of you who were wondering if I was Pregnant .... I am not :( I went to the doctor on Friday and he thought for sure I would be too and did a blood screen; while he was at it he decided to do a full blood work up on me. I got a call to go back today so Jay and I headed out. We got the news that the PG test was negative and then he told me that my thyroid was way out. Normal levels are 0.3-4 and my levels are 6.36. He started me on Synthroid which I will fill on payday and I go back in 8 weeks for follow up and more blood work. I was on Synthroid as a kid and once I was making my own decisons I went off.... in retrospect I am thinking that was a bad choice. Oh Well we can fix it now. We asked the DR about the effects of thyroid on getting pregnant and he said it didn't matter and that didn't sound right to me. So home to the computer... and there is tons of sites that explain how much the thyroid does affect fertility and I also posted to my fertility board and discovered that thyroid issues make for a high risk pregnancy as well as potentially causing birth defects. UGH. So time to find a real DR and quit messing around with the medi centers though I have to say the DR I had today is not the one I normally see and my regular guy seems to know what hes doing.... but either way its high time to figure out why we aren't getting pregnant... cause I sure ain't getting any younger lol

0 comments: